« Home | Next: Hack: Google from your site »
| Next: Next Post Hack »
| Next: Stats Hack: Show your page stats »
| Next: Got Hacks? »
| Next: Template Tricks »
| Next: Wishlist »



Tuesday, April 05, 2005

RSS Feeds in Blogger

Syndicating your blog is like having hubcaps on your car--you don't have to have them, but everyone who sees you will laugh out loud at you think you should spend some more time in Blogger School before venturing out in public.

While some good primers on syndication exist on the web, it may be enough for you to know that its a cool way for people to have your blog follow them around the web through what is called "feeds". A feed is like an electronic ticker-tape of your blog's content that people can plug into a variety of other web applications.

For example, they might plug your blog into their MyYahoo page, or their MSN page, and then they'll see your bold movie critiques or your newest dandelion photos every time they go online.

Others might even link to your blog posts on their own websites, along with comments like: "look how cool this guy is!"

However, if Syndication is like hubcaps on your car, allowing people to syndicate your content with their choice of format is like the steering wheel.

Currently, Blogger only outputs feeds in Atom format. However there are others. RSS 2.0 being the most commonly desired.

If only there was a way to reformat your Atom feeds into RSS or other formats... hmmm.


8 Comments:

Blogger S a n d r a said...

i do hope so...

3:14 AM  
Blogger Neil Williams said...

Atom/XML to RSS converter - they do exist!! try:
http://cavedoni.com/2004/02/rss1
or
http://www.2rss.com/software.php?page=atom2rss

If you want to change the look or appearnce of an Atom or RSS feed for your blog side bar or web site use this link (I use this one for my blog side bar - highly recommended):
http://www.howdev.com/services/feedsweep/create.asp

Neil Williams at:
Fight Back blog:
http://fightbackuk.blogspot.com/

1:33 PM  
Blogger Brother Roy said...

Hi templ e trickster I’ve been looking for Rss feeds related blogs and I came across yours on RSS Feeds in Blogger during my trawl, so I thought it would be polite to let you know about my visit. I have just recently started a daily news feed on my own site and you are most welcome to come and visit me at Rss feeds. I would also be happy to trade links with you if you are interested. Bye for now and have a nice day! Roy

8:29 PM  
Blogger artisan said...

Hi templ e trickster I’ve been looking for related blogs and I came across yours on RSS Feeds in Blogger during my trawl, so I thought it would be polite to let you know about my visit. I have just recently started a daily news feed on my own site and you are most welcome to come and visit me at .

12:10 PM  
Blogger Shanon Sandquist said...

Hey, this is an awesome blog you've
got here!! I'm definitely going to
bookmark it! By the way, I found a
awesome site that has similar kind of exchange links kind of stuff! If you get time, check it out.

www.ExpressLinkExchange.com

5:54 AM  
Blogger Shanon Sandquist said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Game player said...

I can get wakfu kamas cheaply,
Yesterday i bought wakfu goldfor my brother.
i hope him like it. i will give wakfu money to him as
birthday present. i like the wakfu kama very much.
I usually buy wakfu kamas and keep it in my store.
I can get Sho Online Mun cheaply,
Yesterday i bought Sho Munfor my brother.
i hope him like it. i will give Sho Online gold to him
as birthday present. i like the Sho gold very much.
I usually buy Sho Online gold and keep it in my store.

6:04 PM  
Blogger xuemei said...

Now do you worried about that in the game do not had enough cabal online alz to play the game, now you can not worried, my friend told me a website, in here you can buy a lot cabal alz and only spend a little money, do not hesitate, it was really, in here we had much cabal gold, we can sure that you will get the cabal money, quick to come here to buy cabal alz.

I like play online game, I also buy dofus kamas and kamas, the cheap kamas is very cheap, and use the dofus gold can buy many things, I like dofus kama, thanks, it is very good.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Recent Posts

Powered by Newsgator
Technorati search

Noted Links & Offers:

There's nothing like getting stuff for free. These offers are a lot like that!





Internet Services

Sick of the World Wide Wait? Upgrade your Internet:

Netscape Internet Service - Unlimited access, personalized email and search enhanced by Google. Try it! Only $9.95/mo.

Up to 5X faster than regular dial-up! Try PeoplePC Online Accelerated 3 months, half price and then pay just $15.95/month.

Download CallWave (Free!) and never miss another call while you're online.

Blogs You Should Visit

megabits per second
How to get the most out of your Internet service. Broadband, hi-speed Internet, tips, networking, hacks and the broadband buzz...

Point-N-Click
This blog is why blogs were invented. Like the kicker says, "Save your bandwidth, the cool stuff is already here."

Contributors Wanted

Do you like tweaking templates? Are you a Blogger fan? If you want to be a contributor and get famous (or, at least get blogged about), let us know! Email templatetrickster at gmail dot com

Archives

April 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006